Thursday, December 20, 2012

Clean!

Sorry it took me so long to post this!!!  Luke's hour long EEG came back 'clean'.  This means that during the hour he was hooked up to the wires, he didn't have any seizure activity which is what we expected.  What does that mean?  Originally, I was determined to push for a 24 hour EEG so we could see what was happening when he was in a deep sleep at night.  However, after talking to the neuro's office and going through the 'super-fun' EEG experience I'm comfortable waiting for now.  He's doing really, really well again (WHEW!). 
I think that this whole experience was a big wake up call to make sure we are extra special careful when he is sick.  It is normal for children with epilepsy to have increased seizure activity when they are sick.  His medicine was increased and even with the increase - from what I understand - he's still on the low end of dosage quantity. 
He also has his 3 month kidney ultrasound and 6 month MRI coming up within the next few weeks.  I haven't seen anything at night recently that really worries me so I feel like he's got enough to go through in the next few weeks. 
Thanks for the prayers and the words of encouragement!  Wishing you all a happy holiday!
Fun Santa sensory fun with whipped cream!

Fake bearded Santa.  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment