Wednesday, June 2, 2010


Luke had his 10 week appointment last Thursday. He is 15 lbs 2 1/2 oz. He is measuring 25 inches long! Still growing strong:) He's pretty much wearing 6 month clothing now!! The pediatrician didn't have a lot to say - he's eating well and still doing what he's supposed to be doing as much as a 10 week old baby should be.
He has been doing well with his OT and PT appointments. He's been raising his head a little. When we have him on his tummy for tummy time he doesn't work particularly hard!! He's pretty laid back!!! We are working on that. He is getting more and more solid as we are picking him up and holding him up. I have to keep reminding myself that it's going to take him awhile to get good head control due to the macrocephaly. When he's laying on his back, he tends to favor looking over his left shoulder so we are keeping an eye on that. His pediatrician checked his head to make sure he wasn't developing any flat spots - which he isn't - so that's good. The picture is of him doing his therapy with his PT, Amy. Amy and Erin (OT) pretty much do the same things right now.

Our neurologist appointment is in a few weeks. I think it's going to be rather anticlimactic from what I have built up in my mind! I am hoping he's going to be able to look at Luke and examine him and tell us what his future holds. I guess that would be true if we were going to a fortune teller, huh? I have a feeling it's going to be similar to Ben's due date - it will come and go with no big news. I guess no news will be better than any bad news, though.
That's about it for now. Thanks again for checking in. I updated our family website with LOTS of pictures so if you have several hours to spare, check it out:) http://danmelbenrush.shutterfly.com/

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What great smiles! For me, it makes such a difference when they start smiling. It makes it seem like all the late-night feedings and endless rockings are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sue: Some eye contact and smiling and cooing just really give you a second wind.

    Laney loathed tummy time. It pissed her off. I did it to seldom I'm surprised that at 5 she can lift her head.

    ReplyDelete